The activities of our research laboratory (Laboratory of morphometry, metabolism, and cardiovascular disease) are in association with the Program of Human and Experimental Biology (www.bhex.uerj.br).
In the last tab of this page, it is possible to observe our scientific production.
On the tab about the members of the laboratory, it is possible to consult the curricula of the researchers for future collaborations. Do not hesitate to contact us.
The laboratory is adapted to the studies using cellular and molecular biology, and quantitative methods in morphology (morphometry, stereology, and allometry).
Below, some of our review articles on these subjects are available.
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. Stereological tools in biomedical research. Ann Braz Acad Sci 2003;75:469-86 (doi:10.1590/S0001-37652003000400006).
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA, Del Sol M. Tips for studies with quantitative morphology (morphometry and stereology). Int J Morphol 2017;35:1482-94 (doi:4067/S0717-95022017000401482)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda, CA. Ontogenetic and phylogenetic allometry (bivariate and multivariate) for young morphologists. Int J Morphol 2019;37(2):466-472 (doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022019000200466)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda, CA. Pancreatic islet (of Langerhans) revisited. Histology and Histopathology 2019;34:985-993 (doi: 10.14670/HH-18-118)
- Brochure about a Brief history of anatomy (with emphasis on cardiovascular anatomy – indicated to lovers of science and devoted students). English or Portuguese version (see below).
C. A. Mandarim-de-Lacerda, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor (1979), Full Professor (1988) – The University of the State of Rio de Janeiro.
Docteur d’État en Biologie Humaine, Université Paris Descartes (Paris V), Faculté de Médecine, France (1985)
Honorary Professor, Universidad de la Frontera, Faculdad de Medicina, Temuco, Chili (2013)
Titular Member of the National Academy of Medicine, Brazil (2011)
Foreign Associate Member of the Académie Nationale de Médecine, France (2018)