Our laboratory at the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro accepts Master and Ph.D. students in projects related to metabolism, obesity, and associated problems. We have expertise in cellular and molecular biology, and quantitative methods in morphology (morphometry, allometry, and stereology — see the revisions below on this subject):
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. Stereological tools in biomedical research. Ann Braz Acad Sci 2003;75:469-86 (doi:10.1590/S0001-37652003000400006).
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA, Del Sol M.Tips for studies with quantitative morphology (morphometry and stereology). Int J Morphol 2017;35:1482-94 (doi:4067/S0717-95022017000401482)
- Brochure about a Brief history of anatomy (with emphasis on cardiovascular anatomy – indicated to lovers of science and devoted students). English or Portuguese version (see below).
The interested candidates are welcome to participate in our Wednesday afternoon meetings (contact us).
Professor Carlos A. Mandarim-de-Lacerda, M.D., Ph.D.
- The University of the State of Rio de Janeiro. Professor (1979), Full Professor (1988)
- Docteur d’État en Biologie Humaine, Université Paris Descartes (Paris V), Faculté de Médecine, France (1985)
- Honorary Professor, Universidad de la Frontera, Faculdad de Medicina, Temuco, Chili (2013)
- Titular Member of the National Academy of Medicine, Brazil (2011)
- Foreign Associate Member of the Académie Nationale de Médecine, France (2018)