Thank you for visiting us. Our scientific production is shown in the last folder, and articles can be downloaded through the DOI.
The projects are primarily on cellular and molecular biology in studies on nutrition and pharmacology relative to metabolism, diabetes, and obesity. Also, quantitative methods in morphology (morphometry, stereology, and allometry) are in perspective.
Below, are some accessible reviews that can be of interest.
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. Stereological tools in biomedical research. Ann Braz Acad Sci 2003;75:469-86 (doi: 10.1590/S0001-37652003000400006).
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA, Del Sol M. Tips for studies with quantitative morphology (morphometry and stereology). Int J Morphol 2017;35:1482-94 (doi: 4067/S0717-95022017000401482)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda, CA. Ontogenetic and phylogenetic allometry (bivariate and multivariate) for young morphologists. Int J Morphol 2019;37(2):466-472 (doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022019000200466)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda, CA. Pancreatic islet (of Langerhans) revisited. Histology and Histopathology 2019;34:985-993 (doi: 10.14670/HH-18-118)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. L’îlot pancréatique : ce que nous savons 150 ans après Langerhans. Bull Acad Nationale Méd (France) 2019;203;670-682 \(doi: 10.1016/j.banm.2019.06.015)
- Aguila MB, Ornellas F, Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. Nutritional research and fetal programming: parental nutrition influences the structure and function of the organs. Int J Morphol 2021;39:327-334 (doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022021000100327)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA, Del Sol M, Vasquez B, Aguila MB. Mice as an animal model for the study of adipose tissue and obesity. Int J Morphol 2021;39:1521-1528 (doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022021000601521)
- Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. The morphological challenge in determining nuclear size and shape in anatomopathological neoplasia analysis. Int J Morphol 2022;40:683-7 (doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022022000300683)
- Spezani R, Mandarim-de-Lacerda CA. The current significance and prospects for the use of dual receptor agonism GLP-1/Glucagon. Life Sciences 2022;288:120188 (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2021.120188)
- In addition, you have a brochure commenting on Brief history of anatomy (with emphasis on cardiovascular anatomy – indicated to lovers of science and devoted students) (English or Portuguese, below).
Medical doctor (UERJ, 1978), Master of Science (UFRJ, 1981), Doctor of Human Biology (Docteur d’Etat, Biologie Humaine, Paris V, 1985), ranked among the top 100,000 scientists in the world and 600 most influential Brazilian scientists (more than 300 scientific articles) (Journal Plos Biology, October 2020, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000918). Honorary Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the Universidad de la Frontera (Temuco, Chile, 2013), Titular Member of the National Academy of Medicine (Brazil, chair No. 82, 2011), and Foreign Associated Member (Académie Nationale de Médicine, France, 2018). Started the Department of Anatomy at UERJ (1986) and was Head of the Department in several successive terms. Full Professor at UERJ (Biomedical Center, Institute of Biology, since 1988). Coordinates the Postgraduate Program in Human and Experimental Biology (www.bhex.uerj.br), Coordinates the CNPq Research Group entitled “Nutrition, obesity, metabolism, chronic diseases and pharmacological therapies“. He works at the Laboratory of Morphometry, Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Diseases (www.lmmc.uerj.br), with Quantitative Morphology, Cytology, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology. Recent projects aim to study changes in obesity and type 2 diabetes target organs in experimental models with pharmacological or nutritional treatment.